Saturday 21 May 2016

Personal Branding- Evaluation

Overall, I am really happy with the way my personal branding has turned out, I think it represents myself as a designer well. The promotion pack includes a variety of materials I can use to contact design studios including a mini printed portfolio, postcards, business cards, letter heads and a creative CV. I have created a lot of printed promotional material as I would like to go into print. I have also developed my web presence this year by setting up my own website a good platform for studios to view my work I have created, other online portfolio’s such as Behance and Instagram accounts to gain feedback from other creatives. 

Doing your own personal branding can be difficult trying to figure out who you are, what you like and what defines you as a person making you different from other designers. I began researching into other designers promo packs, what at they include and the overall design of them and how the design reflects their work. This was useful and gave me some good ideas for my own. I also researched into logo design and began to develop my own, this was a lot harder than I expected I finally came up for one that I will use for by website header. When I started to transfer the logo onto business cards the cards seemed cluttered and I decided I wanted more of a clean design. I decided not to push my logo any further and develop my business cards using screen print bold colour and pattern. The type I decided to go for for my branding is Monseratt a clean type that works well with the screen prints. 

Screen printing the patterns was an enjoyable experience, nothing went dramatically wrong. If I was to develop the branding further I think I would of like to have different coloured waves and spots with complementing overlapping colours however I realised from my previous branding that less colour was more. 

I have developed my layout skills while developing my branding getting my CV to fit on one page so it can easily get sent to studios. The layout of the printed mini portfolio and the booklet was also important, large images explaining the work visually and small descriptions to add context. Gaining feedback on my portfolio from Robot Food was great it has really helped my decide what to put in my portfolio and what to leave out, they also gave me good feedback on the layout of my portfolio each project should have enough images to explain the project but not too many to bore them. 


Personal Professional Practice is something that I will develop though out designing and something that I will keep updating after uni and forever, the design of it will change a lot as it has every year of uni. I am really happy with this branding, I will make a multiple copies of the printed material and send them of to studios and people I would like to work for.  

No comments:

Post a Comment