Wednesday 18 May 2016

Jobs and Career Progression

I would like to stay in the north of England next year either staying in Leeds or moving to Manchester. My original plan was to move home after university and commute to Birmingham however Birmingham doesn't have a very big creative scene as a city where as Leeds and Manchester are getting even more creative. I have looked at many dream jobs in London however I will not be able to afford to live down there just yet. 

I would like to work with print, whether screen print, setting up artwork to print or just something print design related as I have no interest in working with web programs. I have been applying for jobs already, the jobs hunt is going to be a long on going process but hopefully it will all be worth it. 

My plan is to apply for everything that I like the sound of and just see what happens. 

Most recent job applied for: 


These are the most recent jobs I have applied for, to set up artwork and one to screen print artwork at Awesome merchandise in Leeds. These aren't very creative jobs as they are just setting up customers artwork however I am interested in the different print processes and the production of print so I think I would enjoy these jobs and gain a further insite into print. 


Creative in Residency: 

I am going to apply for the Creative in Residency as another option for when I finish uni as one day I would like to run my own business and be my own boss. The idea I would like to expand and push forward is 'Bootees' a screen printed clothing brand myself and fashion stylist Hollie Webb have set up. We have both said we would love to continue Bootees expand it, contact bloggers, get a website, screen print more and expand onto stationary and overall become more professional. If I got the residency I would get a part time job and put all my efforts into developing the brand. It would be extremely useful to have access to all of the uni facilitates especially the print room and photography studios for the styling. 





Images of Bootees so far below: 










Linkedln: 


This year I have been on Linkedln a lot more this is a useful platform to see peoples professional profiles and connect with people in businesses and design studios that I am interested in. I have been using it to find jobs and find people in the jobs I am interested in that I could connect with to chat too. I think this is going to be a really useful professional tool for the future, my profile should grow stronger as I develop in my design career. 

No comments:

Post a Comment